Back to school

Finally, the house is quiet and I can concentrate on work! Nicky and Kitty seem happy enough back at school, although I think Rory is in for a big shock when he starts next week and has to be ready to leave by 8.40! His teacher and TA came to visit yesterday and he ignored them both which is unusual for him, he seems to be coming down with something.

I've not been doing too well recently. I think having the kids at home and not having the time/energy to go for a bike ride means I've not had any time to myself for a while, which I don't seem able to cope with at all. I've started using a meditation app to see if that can help me cope with anxiety/stress. I don't really have anything to be anxious or stressed about other than silly little things.

I went to Brushfest over the Bank Holiday weekend with some friends - it was nice to go to a festival without kids and be able to drink and see who I wanted! The highlight were definitely the Mariachi Doritos, but that may well be due to the number of ciders and Rodneys that had been consumed! In the end we didn't make it to see the headliners but we had fun nonetheless and discovered that we probably are a bit too old to be drinking all day, but what the hell!

The main tent at Brushfest. I'm sure they could have found a better way of doing things than having the pole right in the middle of the stage?
We took the kids to Bewilderwood last weekend as a last day out before going back to school. It was nice enough and the kids enjoyed themselves, but I was knackered after not sleeping well for a couple of days. There were lots of slides, climbing things, mazes and more. Nicky loved the Sky Maze and Rory was definitely not a fan of the big slides!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment