Isle of Wight

We had a lovely week in the Isle of Wight, although tiring - as is to be expected with three kids, there wasn't too much relaxation! The weather was kind to us and we didn't have any rain. Despite some stress about my surgery the wound was fine and didn't cause me any pain all week despite the long drive and setting up of the caravan.

We went to Blackgang Chine again, taking advantage of their 7-day ticket and going for the late night opening on the Monday as well. I think they're at the right age for it, in a few more years I think they'll be too old. Nicky was extremely excited about the hedge maze, rollercoaster and water slides, as well as the fact that there were several Pokéstops and gyms dotted around - shame the phone signal wasn't strong enough to play Pokémon Go too much!

We went to Carisbrooke Castle for the first time and got some wooden swords and shields to play with - I'm sure we'll live to regret this! We also revisited several places that we went to last time such as the model village in Godshill, the Griffin pub complete with hedge maze, the Caulkhead pub with pirate ship in the garden and more. We also managed a couple of days on the beach - the first time at Ventnor we also hired a beach hut for the day, it cost £15 but it was nice to have a base to keep things in.

Since coming back I have mostly been watching the Olympics, especially the cycling. I've also managed a couple of rides on my road bike which I'm very pleased about, nothing major (only 5km and 8km) but taking it easy to begin with!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment