Haraki

I had loads to write about our holiday, but this is probably just going to be a quick entry as I really want to write about last weekend before I forget about it and it's a lot more important to me than the holiday was.

Despite our worries about Nicky on the plane, on the beach etc. we probably couldn't have asked for it to be any better. He actually fell asleep whilst the plane was taking off! He's slightly too long to lie on just one of us comfortably, but overall the flights weren't too bad, and it's great to be able to queue jump at the gate, especially as it was easyJet...

Haraki is pretty much the same as it was last time. We spent most of our days relaxing on the beach at the hotel end of the bay, with me trying not to get burned (I managed 3 days, a new record) whilst Nicky was happy running around getting tanned. He really enjoyed it, and made friends wherever he went, especially with Manolis at the Haraki Bay Hotel who must have got very fed up with cleaning Nicky's high chair, but he never showed it if he was! All the staff at the hotel were really friendly, as they always are, and we went there for breakfast and lunch most days, even though we weren't staying there.

We went to Lindos on the Friday which was OK, I wanted to buy a wallet but all they had were a variety of leather ones with designer logos stamped on them - the wallets were quite nice and I would have bought one if they didn't have the stupid logos on!

Coming back wasn't too pleasant - Rhodes airport is a horrible place at the best of times, but when your 10.50pm flight is delayed to 1.50am it becomes even more depressing. I had my Kindle to keep me amused thankfully, and Nicky slept through most of it!

Overall it was a lovely holiday, I've never appreciated the rest quite as much before!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment