Struggling

It's been many months since my last update. I have not been in a good place, partly due to lockdown but mostly down to my life. I've started therapy and am taking anti-depressants, which have made a world of difference - I've gone from crying and shaking for no reason to being able to function like a normal person. I've come to realise that I've probably been depressed for a long time, and hadn't previously known what being a "normal" person was like. I'm able to do things that previously I'd have been to tired to do.

The last year has obviously been shit. Glastonbury cancelled, holiday cancelled, unable to see friends and family (I'd still like to claim my 40th birthday didn't count this year). Thankfully no-one we know has been directly affected by Covid-19 and things are relatively normal with the kids back at school. Nicky has settled in well at his new school and Kitty and Rory are glad to be back with their friends.

The uncertainty ahead is the worst thing. Brexit is obviously going to be a shitshow, especially with the current clowns in charge, and coupled with the pandemic it's difficult to think that things will get better any time soon. Being on antidepressants is very helpful at dealing with current affairs!

We have managed a few trips despite the current situation. We went to Hampton Court Palace for Anna's birthday which was very interesting. We had a weekend away at a caravan park in Walton-on-the-Naze which was dreadful, and we had a great few days at Rushbanks Farm in Suffolk - we'll definitely be going back!



Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment