Karting

I went karting last Saturday with Will and a few of his friends. There were 7 of us altogether, I only knew 2 of them but it was still fun. We were doing a sprint meeting, which consisted of 15 practice laps, 15 qualifying laps and a 30 lap final. I knew when one of Will's friends bought his own helmet and overalls that we were racing for 2nd place, after practice I was 3rd fastest and felt fairly confident of a podium, but I got held up a little in qualifying and only managed 4th place on the grid.

The final was pretty good, as for most of it 2nd, 3rd and 4th were bunched up together, but I finally made a move for 3rd with a few laps left, there was a little bit of contact but I was on the inside so I think it was fair? After that I had a few goes at 2nd but he was too good at blocking, and I didn't really have time to attack, plus I was trying to fend off 4th!

I was pretty happy with 3rd considering, although only the top 2 places got trophies! We then got the laptimes and I had the second fastest lap out of everyone so I was happy with that as well.

Overall it was a lot of fun, but I have been aching ever since, I think since losing weight I'm not as padded so I was feeling the vibrations a lot more!

That evening we went to a pub quiz which turned into something of an ordeal, lasting over 3 hours and we thought it would never end. We won though! Only by 3 points from 2nd, but there was a huge gap to the last place team.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment