Squash pain

Last night we were all handed a lesson in squash by Jimmy, who played with us for the first time. Despite his protestations that he 'wasn't that good', he beat all of us without losing a game, thanks to his greater stamina and shot selections. I started having some joy against him in my final game, but by that stage I was exhausted - this was mainly thanks to my first match of the night against Pete where I just beat him (16-14) but hurt my back in the process. After that I was running on adrenaline for the rest of the night, and ended up losing 2-1 in games to both Will and Pete, and 3-0 to Jimmy.

It's good to have someone new to play against though, as it means we'll all hopefully learn from Jimmy and rise to his standard - we had been in danger of getting a little stale as we'd learned everyone else's tactics. It's also good that I was thoroughly exhausted at the end, hopefully it'll build up my stamina a little!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment