Unwell

I feel like I've been unwell for weeks. I've not had a full blown cold as such, but for the past week I've been feeling occasionally lightheaded a bit bloaty, with the odd dizzy spell thrown in for good measure. I'm not sure if this is down to tiredness, or stress, or illness, or some combination of all three. I can't remember the last time I actually sat down for a short while without having anything to worry about. What I really want to do is write to my Grandad, but I've just not had the time to sit down and think about what I'd like to say.

Things seem a bit more positive on the caravan side of things - we're hopefully picking the new one up this evening, and taking it to Clacton for the weekend just to make sure everything works as expected before taking it to Glastonbury in a couple of weeks. I've also had a call from the engineer at the insurance company to confirm that they'll pay us the full amount that we paid for it two months ago, which is good - was wondering if I'd have to put up a fight about supposed 'wear and tear' depreciation in two months, but it wasn't necessary. I've just about cleared out the old caravan - was down there yesterday morning where the couple who own the caravan next to ours were 'admiring' the damage - everyone can't believe how hard it must have been hit to move it that far, I'm glad it's not just me who can't understand how it happened.

I had been doing reasonably well with the press-ups, I've gone from being able to do a measly 8 in a row to a slightly more respectable 22, but given how I feel at the moment I might take a little break from the challenge.

Speaking of challenges, I've now read 95 of the BBC Big Read 100 books - the most recent was The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressell. I'd been putting off reading this for ages as I thought it was going to be something pretentious and 'worthy'. However, whilst definitely being worthy, it's one of the best books I have ever read, very funny in places and yet still relevant to how things are in the world today. Out of all the books on the list that I hadn't read before the list was announced, this is definitely one of the best.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment