A long week

Further to my last entry about everyone being ill, last week proved to be exhausting. Anna and Nicky went to the doctors on Thursday and were prescribed antibiotics for a chest infection, and Kitty went on Friday and was also prescribed antibiotics. Somehow I am the last man standing! I've still got a little cough but don't seem to be developing the same symptoms as the others.

All of which meant a lot of stress as yesterday was Nicky's 3rd birthday. I can still remember him being born, where did the three years go? On the one hand it has gone very quickly, but on the other hand I remember the long nights of trying to get him to sleep which makes it feel like a very long time indeed!

Somehow we managed to get everything sorted and Nicky liked all of his presents. We took him to the farm yesterday, and as per usual he took no interest in the animals, but loved the tractors, diggers, train and the big soft play area! He had a nice day which is the main thing.

Due to the illnesses I've not been out on my bike much, in fact this morning was only the 4th time since I got it. I've only done 10 miles on it so far, at a cost of £33/mile - hopefully this figure will come down! My legs are aching but not as much as they have done before, for now I've just got to keep going and pushing the distance or speed a little bit each time.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment