Granddad

My Granddad died last Thursday, having been quite unwell for some time. I don't think I've really dealt with it yet, I'm sad but on the other hand I'm happy that he is no longer suffering. We were supposed to see him this weekend as we're taking the caravan down for a long weekend. The funeral will be towards the end of the month. I've never been to a funeral before. Of course, I have been to a funeral before, for Jack, which was slightly different but I shouldn't have forgotten about it so easily.

Apart from this, the week has dragged and dragged, I don't really know why. Maybe it's down to the weather which has been pretty much consistently wet, although yesterday was dry and today has at least offered dry spells. I've managed to get out on the bike a couple of times and have broken 15 miles for the first time, doing 16.33 miles today, which took me just over an hour and has left my legs quite achey! But I feel much better for finally getting out and being able to exercise.

I woke up on Saturday completely forgetting that the FA Cup Final was that evening, instead remembering that the Giro d'Italia started that day. Nevertheless I still watched the football, cursing at Liverpool being rubbish for 60 minutes and then complaining about a goal not being allowed. If my interest in football was still as high as it was a few years ago I would probably still be annoyed now, but these days it doesn't affect me much if at all. I was much more annoyed by the crash in the Giro d'Italia yesterday which took out 10 riders near the end including Cavendish and Phinney.

On Saturday Anna and I had a bit of time to ourselves, so we went to Basildon to sort out a few bits for our holiday. I bought myself a few t-shirts, and was pleased to learn that at least according to BHS I'm now an M! I haven't been an M since school! I also learned more than I could ever have imagined about the Basildon bell tower, it was all very interesting but I don't think I'll be taking up campanology any time soon.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment