More illness

Last week was not a pleasant week at all. Anna and myself both came down with a nasty cold which left us with a bad headache, sore throat and other aches and pains. I got over the worst of it in a few days thankfully, but Anna suffered much more (pregnancy definitely doesn't help). Anna's mum got it first and was suffering as well but thankfully she was able to help with looking after the kids, otherwise I don't know how we'd have coped!

We had a quiet weekend - Anna and the kids went to the Clacton Air Show on the Friday with Anna's mum to see the Red Arrows. We also went to the beach on Monday (which was very windy and a bit drizzly too, not ideal!) Other than that things have been pretty quiet (we've been too tired to do anything!)

Yesterday I did a 29 mile bike ride as a kind of rehearsal for the bikeathon on Sunday. I did a completely different route which was much hillier and my legs are aching today but I did it in around 1 hour 45 minutes, so hopefully on Sunday with a flatter route I should be able to beat that time. I've set up a JustGiving page to raise money for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research. This will be my second bikeathon - the first one was 15 or 16 years ago, I've still got the T-shirt!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment