Colder

It's definitely getting colder now! I went out for a ride yesterday in my long tights and upper base layer, which was OK but my toes were freezing - I'll try thicker socks next time! The cold seems to make it harder to cycle, although I'm still improving some times on Strava. I'm getting used to the pedals a bit more now, although the left one seems a bit awkward to unclip so I'll have to adjust it a little. I find it easier to accelerate with my new pedals, and clipping back in after having to stop is much easier than it was with toe straps.

In preparation for the new baby having one of the cots, we've moved Kitty into Nicky's old bed and moved Nicky into a bigger bed. This coincided with the clocks going back so it's difficult to gauge how well it's going, but Nicky did stay in his bed all night on Saturday and they both woke up at a reasonable time despite the extra hour, so I'd rate it as a success!

I had a terrible night of squash last week, losing all six of my games. I'd hurt my foot the Sunday before (I think I'd overstretched something after cycling) and it hurt a bit when putting weight on the heel, so I wasn't 100%, but I was still quite annoyed with my performance. I think the main thing holding me back is fitness, and I think in order to get fitter I'd need to start running - the trouble is I don't enjoy running! So will be sticking to swimming and cycling for now.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment