2013

I don't seem to have stopped this year! Could really do with some extended time off, but it's not going to happen anytime soon, especially not with child3's arrival imminent!

Christmas was good, although a bit manic - I think the kids enjoyed opening their mountains of presents! Anna seemed to like hers too which is good. We all ate far too much but I don't think I've put any weight on - cycling is good for burning calories!

It's hard to think of much to write because it's just been so relentless with work and other things. I have managed a few bike rides this year, I know I should really have started base training rather than chasing segments on Strava but I know I'm not going to get much chance to go out once child3 arrives so seems a bit daft to base train and then have a gap which would leave me where I started anyway. I have four outright KOMs now, plus another where I've equaled the fastest time but I don't get a little crown as I wasn't the first to get that time. I know I'm not the fastest but it's quite satisfying seeing my name on leaderboards for lots of segments, usually in or around the top 10 - this is after less than a year owning a road bike (and more than a decade since I last cycled regularly), and a very cheap road bike at that - hopefully I'll be able to build on this in the future but for now I'm pretty happy with my progress.

One thing I should write about of course is the arrival of my nephew Oliver, who after a few trials and tribulations is now happily back home. He was born on Christmas Eve - cutting it fine but he just avoided a Christmas birthday!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment