Sleep sleep sleep

Like a lot of my blog entries, this one will be about not having enough sleep! I think Nicky is getting a little clingy before child3 arrives, and Kitty is teething, so with all of that our nights have been disturbed for at least the last couple of weeks.

Less than two weeks to go before child3 theoretically makes an appearance, and I can say that so far it is not worrying me, mainly because I haven't had time to stop and really think/worry/panic about it! We have mostly everything we need now, mainly due to stockpiling it from the first two, just some shower curtains and bits needed really. Everything is set for a home birth!

We went to Kiddicare at Lakeside at the weekend to get a new baby car seat (the last one was no longer safe to use) and it was such a hellish experience. The place is so big and so in your face - if you had no experience of babies you could spend an absolute fortune in there because you'd be convinced you needed all of it. There was over an hour queue to have someone help with car seat fitting despite a sign promising it would only be 20 minutes (in the end I just bought the seat I wanted anyway as I was pretty sure it would fit - it did). We had bought a new pram mattress, but had one with rounded corners as we couldn't find the ones with square corners, however whilst waiting for the car seat I found the square cornered ones, so tried to exchange it. There's a big sign on the wall near the tills saying 'go to the collection point to deal with returns and repairs', so as I was going to the collection point anyway I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. After picking up the car seat and being told I had to wait in another queue to do the exchange, I waited for at least 15 minutes while the person dealt with the couple in front of me - you'd think they'd have more than one person dealing with customers on a Saturday, but never mind - then when it was finally my turn he told me I had to go to the tills to exchange it. I asked why on earth there was a big sign on the wall telling me to come to the collection point but all he could say was sorry. Utterly ridiculous, I definitely won't be shopping there again if I can help it. It might be cheap but the customer service is definitely lacking.

...and relax. That's my first proper rant for a while I think?

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment