Ride 100

So it's been a while since I wrote anything, most of my life at the moment has revolved around Rory and Anna, but there has been some other news - I got a place in the ballot for the Ride London-Surrey 100 mile ride :-) I entered the ballot not really expecting to get a place, so it was a pleasant surprise when I opened the acceptance magazine. Of course, the timing isn't great what with Rory's arrival, but Anna has said I should do it as I'll kick myself if I turn it down, so I've started training a bit more seriously with a view to being able to do 100 miles by August. Of course, it's not just the distance but the hills - the ride goes over Box Hill and Leith Hill, which will be pretty knackering! But it'll be amazing to ride through London from the Olympic Park, and finish on The Mall. I can't wait!

I've not yet thought of a charity to support - I am also planning to do the London-Southend ride which is 52 miles, and supports the British Heart Foundation - so I don't know if I should double up and do both rides for the BHF, or choose another one - I think I'll struggle to raise funds for two separate charities so I might go with the BHF for both.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment