Sunburn

Typical - the sun finally comes out and after one long ride I managed to get burned! I went out for a lovely long ride on Tuesday, not expecting the sun to be quite so strong, but came back with burns just at the edges of my sleeves and shorts. It's not too bad really, just typical! My ride was quite nice though, I did 50 miles, including some of the route for the sportive I've entered next month. The 50 miles wasn't too bad, but it's still quite a leap to 96 miles - I think I'll be OK though.

What will help (if it arrives on time) is my new bike, which I ordered yesterday - with any luck it'll arrive a week before the sportive, but may well end up arriving after, we'll have to see. The new bike has a carbon frame, better components and a wider range of gears, which will definitely help going up Box Hill and Leith Hill in August! I'm still trying to choose a charity to raise money for, I need to look at the list properly I think.

Rory was weighed today and is up to 15lbs 15 1/2oz - about the same as Nicky was at the same age. Poor old Kitty is going to be tiny in comparison to those two when they're all older!!

Not much else going on at the moment, just enjoying the sunshine, hopefully it will last with no more snow!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment