Yet another cold

The weekend was pretty good - we went to a family party on Saturday which I had been a bit apprehensive about, not really knowing that side of Anna's family that well, but in the end it was quite good, and the kids enjoyed themselves (there was a bouncy castle). Sunday was a bit quieter but at least the weather was still nice so the kids could play out in the garden.

Nicky started coming down with a cold on Sunday, and by Sunday night myself and Kitty had caught it too, so we had an unpleasant couple of days, but we're more or less over it, although Rory has been showing signs of a runny nose. I had to work on Monday which wasn't ideal with my cold (and the glorious bank holiday weather outside) - in all I went six days without going out on my bike, but managed an hour this morning - although I narrowly avoided being swiped off my bike! A woman, who wasn't looking AND was talking on her mobile phone pulled out into the road right in front of me - I had to swerve onto the other side of the road to avoid her, luckily there was no oncoming traffic - had I been thinking clearly I would have taken her licence plate number but my initial reaction was basically to make sure I was safe and then to hurl some choice expletives at the driver - there is a spike in my heart rate on the graph at this point!

Not long until my first sportive (19th May), fingers crossed that my new bike will arrive in time!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment