Not long to go now

This time next week we'll be in a (hopefully dry) field in Pilton in Somerset having fun! In the meantime we're trying to get as much done as possible so that we're not too stressed in the days before we set off. The leaking water pipes in the caravan have been fixed, but I found out that the battery is flat so I've bought a new one (and charger) so that we have running water and lights. I'll have to go up to the caravan beforehand to check everything works and fix the toilet flush bellows - such fun!

It feels like it's been a long week, and not much has happened (apart from the usual lack of sleep etc.) I had a bit of a knock-back on Sunday which wasn't entirely unexpected, it's still bothering me now but I know it'll get easier with time. Going out for a bike ride yesterday helped take my mind off things a bit - I'm definitely getting fitter as my times are getting quicker, I would have even had a KOM on one segment if I hadn't had to stop at a pedestrian crossing right before the end.

I've decided to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital for the RideLondon 100 mile ride - I've got a JustGiving page but haven't set it up properly yet. I've left it a bit late due to various distractions but hope to raise at least £1/mile.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment