Malaise

I'm really not feeling quite right at the moment. Some of it is physical (Rory has been getting up at stupid o'clock every day, so Anna and I have been taking it in turns to get up early), some of it is mental - I'm not entirely sure why, but I've been feeling a bit mopey and unmotivated. One potential explanation is that since doing RideLondon I no longer have anything to aim for until next year (I don't think I can fit another sportive in before the end of the year), and life is just work and getting up early at the moment. I'm also putting on a little bit of weight - I'm currently at 12 stone 5 lb, having spent most of the last few months at around 12 stone - this is mainly down to heavy snacking in an attempt to stay awake during the day. Ideally I'd like to get down to 11 and a half stone, mainly as it'll make it easier cycling up hills! So hopefully I can get back to a regular sleep pattern soon and eat less during the day.

I've been out a few times recently on the bike. As I have nothing to train for now I've just been putting in a few hard efforts on rides to try and get some Strava segments - I've got a couple of KOMs recently, and have made massive improvements on other segments. There are some where my best time was from almost exactly a year ago, and I've been taking big chunks out of my personal bests on those segments. I definitely want to get a turbo trainer so I can train properly over winter.

Meeting Nicky's teacher tomorrow - then he'll go in one day next week, then start properly the week after!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment