Busy busy

I haven't updated for a while, I've just had so many other things to do - I finally have a few minutes so will post some quick updates.

I've been back to the dentist to have a filling replaced, and it's still not right so going back again tomorrow to hopefully have it sorted out properly. I could really do without it as I have enough to do with work - it's also time I could be cycling!

I finally managed a bike ride wearing summer gear, although the weather has turned cold again so was back in winter gear today. I'm also back on my old bike - I finally got the Ribble fixed and working, only for a spoke to snap on the back wheel whilst trying to power up a hill - I managed to adjust it enough so that I could pedal slowly home, but a few miles down the road the spoke completely went and punctured the tyre and tube. I replaced the tube, only to find that my pump had broken! So I had to call a taxi to take me home. Now it looks like the bike shop can't find a replacement spoke for the wheel, so I'll have to buy new wheels - I wanted to buy new ones anyway, now I have a good excuse to do it :-) I did want to put the old wheels on my old bike though, which I can no longer do.

It was Nicky's 5th birthday last week - we took him to soft play on his actual birthday, and I took him karting on Saturday. It was only electric and they didn't go very fast, but he really enjoyed it and the look of concentration on his face towards the end was most amusing, he definitely takes after me in that regard! He's already looking forward to being able to go on the petrol karts when he's 8!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment