Catchup

Things have been pretty hectic as per usual, I wanted to write about the Manics last week whilst it was still fresh, so now is the time to catch up with everything else.

The struggles I mentioned about getting to the Manics involved a flat tyre on the drive to Upminster - thankfully the road was relatively clear when it went and I was able to manoeuvre onto the cycle path at the side. However, as Ford don't supply spare wheels with their newer cars (to save weight apparently, therefore MPG is higher) all I had was a tub of sealant to pump in to try and fix the puncture. This made zero difference, and meant we had to call the breakdown people to tow us to the station. We got there just in time and were able to get to Brixton about 20 minutes before the Manics were due on - enough time to scoff down a sausage roll from Sainsburys and get a pint. We had arranged to meet an old friend there but were only able to see him for about a minute :-(

The gig was great, but afterwards we had to get the train all the way home, get a taxi, then I had to get up first thing, get the train back to Upminster, then get another tow to a local tyre place. There is a big nail-shaped hole in the old tyre, I must have driven over it on the way. It's all sorted now though, but I'm hunting for a spare wheel and tyre to keep in the boot as I don't want the same to happen when towing the caravan!

The past two weeks seem to have been pretty stressful, with sleep again at a premium and Kitty and Anna having a vomiting bug overnight - Rory also had it but during the evening, Nicky and I seem to have escaped it thankfully!

Nicky is doing really well with his dancing, and got 'highly commended' in his first ever exams, which is apparently quite unusual! Five years old and already he is a better dancer than either of his parents!

Cycling is going OK, I did quite well yesterday with a 53km ride at over 30km/h average - I don't know if I've ever sustained that speed for that length of time before, but it felt pretty good. Now I just need to try and increase my endurance before my first century of the year which is at the start of June.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment