Hamstring pain

Last week was really hectic, with work being quite stressful and the usual lack of sleep. This was exacerbated by me pulling a hamstring whilst playing squash on Wednesday. I couldn't walk properly afterwards, I had to limp to reception to get an ice pack, no thanks to my sympathetic friends(!) After four days I can walk slowly, but there's still a bit of pain. I assumed I'd be off the bike for a long time, but it turns out cycling is actually recommended as part of the recovery, so hopefully by Wednesday I'll be up to a quick spin.

The good news from last week is that we got Glastonbury tickets in the resale! I went into it assuming I wouldn't get tickets and that the servers would crash and burn as per usual, so that I wouldn't be too disappointed, but I actually got a booking form up three minutes into the sale and a couple of minutes later had completed it! So now we can get excited and plan who we'll see - I'd like to see the Manics, Pixies, Dolly Parton and Dexys, plus Metallica if they are the Saturday headliners, but that's obviously all dependent on the kids. Nicky is most excited because he'll be allowed on the pirate ship in the Greenpeace kids field this year!

Looks like Liverpool won't win the league this year, but to be so close after last year is a great achievement - just hope we can build on it next year. But in more important sporting news, the Giro starts on Friday!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment