Two days until holiday

It's been a while since my last entry, the usual excuses apply, but things seem to have been even more frantic than usual with work, illnesses, etc. Thankfully though I appear to be slowly getting on top of things work-wise, and my hamstring appears to be fine now - I've not risked it with squash, but it feels fine walking and cycling. I'm still worried about my first sportive of the year which is in two and a bit weeks - I managed 50 miles yesterday but was struggling towards the end, I know I can manage 100 miles but I may not meet my target (6 hours). Given my less-than-perfect preparation, I think I'll have to be happy with under 6 and a half hours, but I might be able to manage 6 hours depending on the conditions on the day.

Anyway, more importantly we're off on holiday on Friday! We're taking the caravan down to Somerset, where we're going to chill out, play on the beach, etc. We'll also be taking in Longleat again, catching up with relatives and possibly seeing Sooty too! It's been a while since I last towed the caravan so no doubt I will be incredibly stressed come Friday, especially as the forecast is not too good and I'll probably be putting up the awning in the rain, but I'm sure we'll have a good time anyway - I know the kids will which is what counts (I guess!)

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment