Busy busy busy

As usual I seem to have been very busy. I think I'm pretty much back to normal now and my tiredness is down to normal tiredness rather than needing to recover! I've been out for a few easy bike rides, I managed a couple of hours on Tuesday, but am still taking it slowly until I have my outpatient follow-up appointment at the hospital. Speaking of which, when I phoned on Monday to chase it up I wasn't in the outpatient system, so I'm now waiting to hear back from the consultant's office. I'm not holding my breath.

We saw Guardians of the Galaxy a couple of weeks ago - only our third visit to the cinema in the last 5 years (not including for Doctor Who) and far away the most enjoyable. Guardians of the Galaxy was very enjoyable and I look forward to further instalments and the inevitable Avengers crossover. Anna and I are now finally up-to-date with the Marvel Cinematic Universe having been working our way through them this year, and I've actually started reading the Guardians of the Galaxy comics. We've been watching quite a few films recently as it's something we can do together whilst vegetating in the evenings, the most recent one was Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing which was surprisingly enjoyable, after a few minutes the Shakespearean dialogue was easy to follow.

We did a boot sale last Sunday which was not especially successful, it seemed like most stalls weren't having much luck and it was also pretty windy! I did however buy a bike seat to put on the back of my mountain bike, so I can carry one of the kids whilst cycling - now that Nicky is cycling fairly proficiently it means I can now supervise two of them whilst cycling! Nicky is now too fast to follow unless I'm also on a bike, but he's also finally worked out how to use the brakes and is now able to turn whilst moving slowly. Kitty is also getting the hang of her balance bike and is demanding a bike with pedals - she's still a little small but I'm sure we can find something before her birthday.

Last night at squash was surprisingly successful - I actually won all of my games, which hasn't happened for many, many months! Maybe I'm just used to playing whilst tired a bit more than the others?

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment