Hernia

My groin has been getting worse rather than better so I went to the doctor this morning to confirm what I suspected; I have an inguinal hernia. The only cure is surgery so I'll have to wait until the new year presumably to have it sorted. Apparently I have the 'right' to be seen within 18 weeks of the initial referral, so hopefully I won't have to wait too long.

In the meantime I'm not going to be cycling much, if all. It doesn't actually hurt to move my legs but it soon gets sore in that area. I might try to do a few turbo trainer rides but realistically I'm going to be having an extended break from the bike, which is really frustrating - cycling really helps me clear my head and the past three weeks have not been pleasant, so even more time not exercising is not something to look forward to.

Only 11 days until Christmas now, I might even start wrapping presents soon! We've got the tree up anyway...


Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment