Cold

The year seems to be going quickly even though nothing much has happened. The snow has been and gone but it's still freezing cold. I've not been out on my bike much for a variety of reasons - lack of sleep being the main reason, but I've also been unwell and achey. I'm hoping I get a place in RideLondon so I'm forced to train!
I caught up with my old housemates from university this weekend. It was great to catch up, it's been a few years since I'd seen two years of them. We went to the Four Quarters bar in Peckham which has a variety of old arcade machines - Asteroids, Time Crisis, Street Fighter II. They also had an N64 hooked up to a projector so I played multiplayer GoldenEye for the first time in over a decade! Had a few drinks too which unfortunately led to me falling asleep on the train home - only missed one stop but it meant an extra 25 minutes walking in -3C!
Last night I went to see the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra playing the music of John Williams. It was a belated birthday present and I took Nicky - I was worried he'd be the only kid but there were quite a few there, mainly for Star Wars I'd guess! It was awesome to see a live orchestra playing such familiar songs - I knew most of them even when I didn't think I did. My highlights were Jurassic Park and Schindler's List, as well as Star Wars of course! Nicky also liked ET despite not having seen the film.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment