Clacton

We took the caravan up to Clacton for a long weekend to make sure it was ready for Glastonbury and the Isle of Wight. The weather was kind to us - we had sun practically all weekend and no rain, so no need to dry out the awning afterwards! The caravan is mostly OK, there is a leak from one of the waste pipes which needs fixing but it shouldn't be too difficult. I still don't like towing a caravan but I seem to be getting the hang of it, or at least not feeling quite so anxious whilst doing it.

The kids had a good time and enjoyed the entertainment in the evenings. We went to Walton-on-the-Naze one day and spent a little time on the beach, before finally getting to fly Rory's kite that he bought from Blackgang Chine last summer! It made a nice change to fly a kite that actually worked, usually they seem to have a mind of their own and just spin out of control but this one worked pretty well.

On Saturday I went for my first run in about a decade! I was surprised by how far I actually went as I didn't think it'd be much over 1km. My left thigh was starting to hurt which is why I eventually stopped, but I was pretty happy with how things went. I'm going to try going for a few runs each week, as well as cycling, to try and shift some weight and get more generally fit.


Other than that, there's not been much to write about, or rather I've been too busy to write things down! I had some phone troubles a couple of weeks ago where my Nexus 5X was bootlooping. It was one day before the first anniversary of buying it, but luckily I had two years warranty and so the repair was free. I had anticipated that the repair would take a long time but in the end I had it back within 9 days and everything is back to normal. I expect it might start doing the same in a year or so but it'll hopefully still be within the warranty period. If not at least I'll have got two years use out of it.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment