Still struggling on

My current period of feeling low has lasted quite a while now, today is probably the first day in over a week where I haven't felt like everything is terrible. Exercise has been a good distraction, I've been circuit training this morning and went to capoeira last night. Eating dinner before capoeira is not advisable as I found out to my cost, trying to do flips and cartwheels eventually meant I was almost sick! I've been doing it for a couple of months now and am still really enjoying it, although I still ache a fair amount after every session.

I bought some running shoes on Saturday. I have had the money saved for ages but real life kept getting in the way, but I finally found the time to go and have gait analysis done. I overpronate slightly so have got some Saucony shoes with extra support on the inside. Hopefully this will stop my calf muscles complaining so much when I go for a run. I went for a run Sunday morning and my calves seemed fine, but my left IT band got irritated near the knee which meant I had to walk for some of the last kilometre.

Last Wednesday was very sad as it was my aunt's funeral. It turned out to be a very long day, I left home just after dropping Rory at school and got there 5 minutes before the funeral started - I got stuck several times on winding roads behind tractors and coaches. I'm glad I made it though and could say my goodbyes. I didn't stay long after as I wanted to avoid the rush hour on the way back, I still ended up taking some back routes to get home in the end. I spent 8 hours driving altogether, the car worked like a charm though, at one point I was doing 50mpg.

We went to see Ross Noble on Saturday as a belated birthday present from Anna. It was very funny, especially the unscripted bits about using fireworks to shoot rubbish into Kent and the quality of fare served at Clarence Yard! The Gérard Depardieu bit was also great. Bonsoir! My face was aching from laughing afterwards, it was a very welcome distraction from real life.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment