Struggling

The last few weeks have been a bit of a struggle. I've been physically unwell a couple of times and the last week I've been very down mentally. I can't remember the last time I felt properly healthy (physically and mentally) - my breathing has been a bit wheezy for weeks now and doesn't seem like it's going to clear up. I really don't want to resort to antibiotics so I hope it clears up soon.

My car woes have been solved - I'm now the owner of a Toyota Avensis Tourer. It's a bit of a squeeze to get three car seats in, Nicky is in a booster but he won't need it much longer, once he's grown a little more hopefully it will be easier. The boot has plenty of space and the car is so quiet compared to the Galaxy - being petrol rather than diesel makes a big difference!

I'll be testing the car out long distance tomorrow, as I am going to my aunt's funeral near Bath. Sadly she was diagnosed with leukaemia earlier this year and died suddenly a couple of weeks ago. She was always kind and generous and was massively helpful when my brother and I were able to reconnect with our grandfather. It's a long way to drive but I want to pay my respects properly.

Getting a caravan ticket for Glastonbury was very stressful, in the initial sale it was impossible to get on the website (they put all the ready-pitched tents on sale at the same time) and by the time I was in, it was showing as no caravan tickets being available. After frantically refreshing the page several times I was able to get tickets in the East field, but I had been hoping for the East family/quiet field. Luckily, there was a resale this past weekend and I was able to get a family ticket, so there'll be at least one East ticket available for someone else in next year's resale.

I took Nicky to see Southend vs Coventry a few weeks ago but it wasn't a great game and we couldn't really argue about the result. We also went to see the Six Day racing again which I wrote about on my cycling website, we both enjoyed it and will be going again next year! Nicky also luckily got to go to a 'Meet the Blues' day at Southend, he got autographs from all of the players, watched a training session and even got to go on the pitch!

Nicky about to go for a run on the Southend United pitch

I've done seven sessions of capoeira now and am still really enjoying it, the aching after each session isn't quite as bad as the previous week so hopefully things are getting stronger and more flexible. I've also started learning Brazilian Portuguese using an app but that's pretty slow going.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment