Lack of motivation

The year is going past very quickly, which is probably not a good thing considering how few days are left before Brexit and how little is being done to prepare for it. This is definitely one of the things causing me stress at the moment.

I've been ill all week which is very frustrating on several counts: I've not been able to do capoeira or train at the gym, work is taking longer because I'm ill (and the kids are off school for half-term), and the weather outside has been very spring-like for this time of year. I've had a nasty cough which I'm paranoid is going to cause another hernia, and I've also felt very tired, like getting out of bed has used up all my energy. I'm almost over it now I think but I'm still pretty tired and getting upstairs is wearing me out.

My lack of exercise has led to my weight increasing which I'm also not happy about. Things have been pretty busy with work so my time for cycling, etc. has been reduced. Once I'm better I'm hoping to get out on the bike more. Unfortunately I didn't get a RideLondon 100 place this year, but in a way I'm almost glad not to have to do the training! The memories of last year's rainfest are still quite fresh.


We've had two birthdays to celebrate this month. Kitty was 8 yesterday, she went to the local soft play with some of her friends. Eight years has gone very quickly, I'm going to feel ancient when it's Nicky's tenth birthday in April!

Rory was six at the start of the month. We took him to the Marvel S.T.A.T.I.O.N. exhibition near the ExCeL in London. Rory and Nicky thought it was great but Anna and I were a little disappointed, it wasn't anywhere near as good as the Star Wars Identities exhibit or the Doctor Who Experience. I took a few pictures which can be seen here.


Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment