Delayed

The days and weeks have flown by since my last blog post - I hadn't realised it had been more than two months. Looking back at my Twitter feed, I don't really seem to have done much of note - it's mainly despair at the political shenanigans currently taking place (or not!) in this country.

We've postponed making a decision about the caravan until after this Sunday when Glastonbury tickets go on sale. For the time being I'm storing it up at Mum's house as she has space next to the house. If we do get tickets for Glastonbury then we'll keep the caravan at least until then, if not then we'll have to reconsider. I'm trying not to think about the ticket sale as I'll just get stressed about it!

We stayed in a static caravan in Clacton at the start of September, as we were going to a family party. It was a different caravan park to the one we normally go to it, it was nice enough but it was very quiet - to be expected at that time of year I guess. We went to the entertainment on the Friday evening and won a prize - Nicky and Rory being very loud came in handy for once, we won a bottle of Chardolini which I'm sure will taste wonderful(!)


Nicky did his 11+ a couple of weekends ago. He thinks he did OK, it's difficult to tell how he did but we're hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. We visited a local school last week which was nice enough, just maybe a little too far to be practical but they do run a bus service.

The only other thing to note is that my bike lock got stuck a few weeks ago - the key went in and turned round but the lock would not disengage. Luckily this was at home rather than out and about! I bought some bolt cutters which made light work of cutting the lock - it was done in a couple of minutes, so probably not the most secure! I'm pretty sure it was a Sold Secure silver lock as well. I'll have to get a replacement at some point - it's mainly for locking the bikes up at home, they're currently locked in the shed anyway.

Last weekend was the 40th birthday of one of my best friends - makes me feel old, even though I still have a year to go until life apparently begins. I really want to do a triathlon before I'm 40 so am going to try and get going with the running. If my right calf keeps playing up I'm going to have to bite the bullet and find a physio - it's been like this for over two years now.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment