Good Riddance to 2020

 I'm not optimistic that 2021 will be any better than 2020, but as this has been the worst year of my life I will not look back fondly on any part of it.

Christmas being cancelled was not great, especially as anyone with half a brain cell could tell what was going to happen, new variant of Covid or not. If they'd closed the schools at half term or even two weeks before Christmas then we could have had one day of normality, but no. We're in tier 4 so have nothing to look forward to. On the plus side, the kids got me this cool onesie!

I've been breathless for the last three weeks, which I'd put down to a cold, but perhaps it's something more sinister - it coincided with Nicky being off school as one of his classmates tested positive, and Nicky developed "Covid toe". He tested negative for Covid but I think he must have had it at some point. I've been prescribed an inhaler and have a Covid test here ready to use on Saturday (after the bank holiday). The inhaler has helped, but I still have to rest. The lack of exercise is driving me crazy, and given I was already depressed it's not good at all.

This is normally where I'd write a list of things I want to achieve in 2021, but right now I'd settle for being healthy (physically and mentally) again.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment